Friday, July 23, 2004

 

Spurs offseason

I am planning very soon to write a post that briefly outlines what my dissertation is about, since I foresee my academic concerns having a prominent place on this blog.  But tonight, as it's late, I just wanted to note that David Aldridge has ranked the Spurs (my hometown team, even though I'm currently in exile) No. 2 on the list of offseason winners.

I'll have to save for some other post my rationalizations for loving the Spurs as much as I do, even when I know how ridiculous it is that basketball players are paid as much as they are.  But one of my rationalizations has to do with the way the Spurs seem to build community even in a league that operates on rampant individualism (need I even mention Exhibit (L.) A?).


Collective Improvisation:

Post a Comment

Back to Main Page

Site Meter