Tuesday, October 05, 2004

 

West on Kerry

I support the neo-liberal Kerry. I wish he would find his voice. He probably needs to listen to a little John Coltrane, Sarah Vaughn or Nina Simone, and actually dig deep in his soul to find out who he is, you know what I mean?
From an interview with Cornel West. (Hat tip: Jesus Politics.)


Collective Improvisation:
I'm so glad I don't have to take classes from him.

Some people need postmodern jargon to be obtuse, but Cornel West can do it with pop culture references alone.

Posted by Blogger Jason Kuznicki on 10/05/2004 09:55:00 AM : Permalink  

Well, there's obtuseness, and then there's obtuseness. I have to confess that the romantic in me would like to think of George W. Bush and John Kerry spinning A Love Supreme every night before tucking themselves in to bed.

Posted by Blogger Caleb on 10/05/2004 10:06:00 AM : Permalink  

Post a Comment

Back to Main Page

Site Meter