Monday, February 13, 2006

 

Two snow poems

"Dust of Snow"
by Robert Frost

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

*


Untitled, from Given: Poems
By Wendell Berry

When we convene again
to understand the world,
the first speaker will again
point silently out the window
at the hillside in its season,
sunlit, under the snow,
and we will nod silently,
and silently stand and go.


Collective Improvisation:
What a nice place this blog:

Enrico, Milan, Italy

http://chicco1963.blogspot.com

Posted by Blogger Enrico Maria Porro on 2/14/2006 03:50:00 PM : Permalink  

Wonderful poems, particularly the Frost. I read it and my day became quieter, and better.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 2/21/2006 04:50:00 PM : Permalink  

Post a Comment

Back to Main Page

Site Meter