Friday, February 24, 2006

 

The Great Blog Silence of 2006

I'm putting up this post so that when this loooooong hiatus eventually ends, and I want to talk about things that were going on in the interim, I'll have something to link to. There are good things to report and many things worth posting, but right now finishing up the dissertation is occupying my time to the exclusion of everything else. I anticipate that the Great Blog Silence will end sometime shortly after March 17: D-Day.


Collective Improvisation:
Hi, Caleb! It's good to see something posted again. In reading over the details for the oral exam, I had to wonder--is this for real, or is the exam more or less a formality? In either case, best of luck with your defense!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 2/24/2006 08:34:00 PM : Permalink  

Caleb,
Don't worry. You'll be fine. Ron doesn't let people go up who aren't ready.
Best of luck just the same.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 2/25/2006 06:57:00 PM : Permalink  

You're going to be great, Caleb!! Your blog buddies are pulling for you behind the scenes...

Posted by Blogger Rebecca on 2/26/2006 12:23:00 PM : Permalink  

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!

John, it is "for real," but all of the defenses I've attended have been extremely constructive and collegial. It's as much an opportunity to receive feedback on the work as it is an exam.

Rebecca and Jeff, I appreciate the kind words! (And Rebecca, I'll be rooting for you too!)

Posted by Blogger Caleb McDaniel on 2/26/2006 04:37:00 PM : Permalink  

But my D-Day is further off than yours...I have to get a full draft ot my committee by June-ish. And then, I merely file for the degree. No defense. So, your road looks tougher than mine!!

Rooting for Caleb!!!

Posted by Blogger Rebecca on 2/26/2006 06:34:00 PM : Permalink  

Best of luck! (And I must say, your ability to stay away from blogs for long stretches sets a good example for us all.)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 2/27/2006 02:42:00 AM : Permalink  

Hey there. Go for gold! I look forward to many fine post-D-Day posts. Wow, that sentence was a bit strange. Never mind. Good luck.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 2/28/2006 02:16:00 PM : Permalink  

Hope you are making progress. I am only loosely familiar with your dissertation topic, but I thought you might like to know that there is an interesting article on gender and abolitionism in the edited collection by Clinton and Silber, titled, _Battle Scars_. The article is title "Fighting Like Men: Civil War Dilimmas of Abolitionis Manhood" by Stephen Kantrowitz

Posted by Blogger Kevin on 3/07/2006 05:51:00 PM : Permalink  

Thanks for the good wishes and comments, everyone, and sorry for this belated acknowledgement of them!

Posted by Blogger Caleb McDaniel on 3/13/2006 10:45:00 AM : Permalink  

D-Day is nigh! Best of luck. I have no doubt you will soar.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/14/2006 02:05:00 PM : Permalink  

online certification courses
Great information helping us to clear my doubts

Posted by Blogger Dainiksatta on 3/12/2018 07:14:00 AM : Permalink  

Post a Comment

Back to Main Page

Site Meter