Wednesday, March 02, 2005

 

Caleb the donkey

Okay, so I'm reading one of my favorite new blogs, Query Letters I Love, which is a running tally of "actual, honest to god query letters I've received in Hollywood." I run across this pitch for an animated movie about the "undersized talking donkey" that Jesus gets to ride on Palm Sunday.

Help me out here: Nowhere in the pitch is the donkey's name mentioned, but in the comments, everyone's referring to the donkey as Caleb. What gives?

If you haven't clicked through yet, here's a teaser that will make you: "However, this interferes with the donkey's plans to prove he is a manly donkey and marry one of the master's girlfriend's donkeys. The donkey's adopted father, the Rooster Red, tells the donkey that his master is just using the donkey for his own selfish ends."


Collective Improvisation:
I haven't read this one yet ("M"(ode) comes before "Q"(uery) in my feedreader) but what is this, some sort of christian Shrek spinoff?? 

Posted by JM

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/03/2005 01:22:00 AM : Permalink  

Yeah, but probably -- hopefully  -- without the fart jokes. 

Posted by Caleb

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/03/2005 07:02:00 AM : Permalink  

I think there's a famous Christian children's book that refers to the donkey as Caleb. In fact, I may have owned said children's book back in the day. 

Posted by chuck

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/03/2005 11:47:00 AM : Permalink  

Thanks, Chuck. Now it all makes sense. Well, not all  of it. 

Posted by Caleb

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/03/2005 03:14:00 PM : Permalink  

Post a Comment

Back to Main Page

Site Meter