Monday, June 20, 2005

 

Big Shot Bob Strikes Again!

Wow. For the first three quarters, Robert Horry had me wondering whether Felix Gillette was right. But then Big Shot Bob proved us both wrong--again. That was an NBA Finals game.


Collective Improvisation:
By no means am I a Spurs fan, but Horry's fourth quarter and overtime performance had me cheering. He had a disappointing final season with the Lakers (a big shot he missed--against the Spurs in 2003), but any Laker fan will always remember Game 4 against the Kings in 2002.

http://www.nba.com/games/20020526/SACLAL/recap.html 

Posted by Evan

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 6/20/2005 02:47:00 AM : Permalink  

Well, I do think Gillette is right that they're only "big shots" if you make them. But today I'm just glad he made it!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane too. As usual, Shaq said it best: "'It was a blessed day for us,' O'Neal said. 'Thank God for Robert. Thank God his father met his mother, too.'" 

Posted by Caleb

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 6/20/2005 09:12:00 AM : Permalink  

I was working on a project on the computer, so I wasn't able to watch the game (although I "watched" the ESPN.com gamecast). And I didn't see a replay of the final shot until tonight.

Horry was definitely the man last night. But after watching the replay, all I can say is, what on earth was Rasheed thinking? Not guarding the player who inbounds the ball is one of the Classic Blunders, particularly if he's good from behind the arc, and particularly if he's been hot late in the game, as Horry had been.

Then again, Rasheed is a man who once got busted smoking dope while speeding in a canary yellow Hummer. So maybe thinking isn't exactly his strong suit. 

Posted by zalm

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 6/21/2005 01:53:00 AM : Permalink  

I believe the word one writer used to describe Rasheed's mistake was "brainfart." Yep. That sounds about right. 

Posted by Caleb

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 6/21/2005 08:08:00 AM : Permalink  

Post a Comment

Back to Main Page

Site Meter