Thursday, March 03, 2005

 

You know you're a blogger when ...

Bloggers you've never met start appearing in your dreams. Last night I dreamed that I was visiting Adam Kotsko, who was still living at home with his mother. I've never met or seen Kotsko before, but in my dream he looked sort of like Alfred E. Neuman, but with a longer face.

I remember asking him what we were going to do over the weekend. He said, "Read. Read books all day." Thanks to the weird transmigration of souls somehow made possible by rapid eye movement, by the end of my dream Kotsko had changed into Eminem. Don't ask me how or why this happened; I'm a fan of Kotsko's blog but not a fan of Eminem's. And I don't know why Eminem and I were hanging out in his (or Kotsko's?) backyard, with him tossing me a tennis ball as I dove to catch it over a swimming pool.

I hereby release Adam Kotsko from any responsibility to notice this post or comment on it, on the grounds that he is probably really freaked out.


Collective Improvisation:
I've never dreamed about any bloggers! What am I doing wrong? (Mind you, I never dream about anything interesting, full stop.)

(I'm still hoping for something along the lines of taking Michael Berube home from freezing his ass off in Central Park and... no, I'll stop right now.) 

Posted by Sharon

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/03/2005 03:15:00 PM : Permalink  

Sharon, I have it on good authority than Michael Berube's feet are knarled and skanky. 

Posted by Ralph

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/03/2005 03:52:00 PM : Permalink  

Well, I want to make very  clear that I do not try to dream about bloggers. It has happened once before, though, that I can remember, but that was a nightmare. I suppose this happens when I end the day by reading blogs until I'm bleary-eyed and stumble to bed.

I'm not sure I like the direction in which Ralph has taken this thread. It makes me nervous that somehow Ralph has an authority on my feet in his back pocket. 

Posted by Caleb

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/03/2005 04:16:00 PM : Permalink  

Yes, I'm told that Caleb's feet are winged and swift. Actually, the foot thing alludes to Sharon's arational devotion to Manolo's Shoe Blog . 

Posted by ralph

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/03/2005 04:53:00 PM : Permalink  

Actually, my feet are apparently hooved . 

Posted by Caleb

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/03/2005 05:45:00 PM : Permalink  

Winged hooves, then, and fast donkeys. You may hear from Kotsko yet. He's currently out of blogger-loop, giving a paper somewhere on John Wesley. 

Posted by Ralph

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/04/2005 01:13:00 AM : Permalink  

And I thought I was barmy.

Mmm, shoes... 

Posted by Sharon

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/04/2005 04:00:00 AM : Permalink  

Oh my God.

Thanks for dreaming about me. I wish I read more on the weekends.  

Posted by Adam Kotsko

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/04/2005 06:34:00 PM : Permalink  

You're welcome? Not sure thanks are necessary, though, since it wasn't intentional.

But I do intend, like you, to get more reading done. I think one of the reasons that appeared in the dream is because lately I've felt like I don't have enough time to read. Funny, since I'm in academia in all. It's sort of like if a dentist felt like he didn't have enough time to clean teeth. It's really, though, that when I say I'm not getting to read, it's because a lot of the reading I am doing doesn't "count" -- reading for the dissertation or reading for teaching isn't quite the same as reading on the weekends. 

Posted by Caleb

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/04/2005 10:15:00 PM : Permalink  

just wanted to drop a note and say i had my first "blogger in my dream" experience. ummm. weird. 

Posted by sepoy

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous on 3/19/2005 11:12:00 PM : Permalink  

Post a Comment

Back to Main Page

Site Meter